CCTV Cameras are a common thought when one thinks about security. IT is now becoming a common sight to see such cameras around homes, offices and also public places. Since these cameras need to work day and night and are supposed to capture all the movements that may occur within their range, it is necessary to make it efficient enough to capture things in the dark as well. The IR illuminators are devices that enable these CCTV cameras to capture images and videos that cannot otherwise be seen through a human eye. Let us see a few benefits of using IR illuminators and later IR LED lights along with CCTV Cameras.
- The term infra red specifies that it will help capture images even in the dark when things are not clear for the human eye.
- The infra red light is only visible to the camera and cannot be seen by anyone else. Thus making it suitable in areas where security is needed.
- Similar to the above advantages, an IR LED is also made up to help a CCTV capture images in the dark.
- The power consumption of these IR LED illuminators that are being used for CCTV cameras is comparatively low. Thus, it helps in saving the amount that would be spent on power bills.
- Although the LED lights are well known for their efficient light supply, the IR LEDs focus on maintaining security and hence one would not realize whether it is on or off.
- The use of IR LEDs with CCTV cameras is proved to be an efficient method that consumes less energy and is easy to be installed.
Thus, taking into consideration the other installation and power costs that you may have to bear while maintaining a security system; one can surely take the help of IR LED illuminators to save the further costs. Although this might not be the best solution to obtain security, this method proves to be better than simply installing a CCTV camera that will only record the movements during day time.